Duro-Last Inc. held its 33rd annual National Sales Seminar in Palm Desert, Calif., earlier this year. During Duro-Last’s annual awards night reception, it honored Duro-Last Platinum Contractor Parsons Commercial Roofing Inc. of Waco, Texas, as Contractor of the Year for 2015.
This year marks the 10th consecutive year Parsons has earned the Contractor of the Year Award—a record for a Duro-Last contractor. In 2015, Parsons surpassed $6.9 million in Duro-Last sales. This level of sales also earned Parsons the John R. Burt Award, which honors contractors who achieve more than $4 million in sales.
For the first time, Duro-Last Project Awards were awarded. This category-specific competition honored Duro-Last contractors who completed outstanding projects in the below categories. Award winners and categories include:
- Project of the Year
- Contractor: Gage Roofing & Constructors of S. Houston, Texas
- Project: Alvin Junior High School, Alvin, Texas
- Custom Prefabrication
- Contractor: Harrison Roofing Co. Inc. of San Angelo, Texas
- Project: City of San Angelo Foster Communications Coliseum, San Angelo, Texas
- Edge-to-Edge & Deck-to-Sky
- Contractor: Nasi Roofing LLC of Minocqua, Wis.
- Project: Rapid River Public Schools, Rapid River, Mich.
- Metal Roofing
- Contractor: CustomCraft Roofing of Cedar Grove, Wis.
- Project: Detached Garage, Cedar Grove, Wis.
- Contractor: Texas Roof Systems of Odessa, Texas
- Project: Hobby Lobby, Waco, Texas
- Specialty Roofing
- Contractor: Overhead Inc. Toledo, Ohio
- Project: Betco Inc., Bowling Green, Ohio
This year’s Sales Seminar’s theme was “Best in Class,” so there was a big focus on education and providing Duro-Last contractors the tools they need to succeed. Breakout sessions hosted by Duro-Last employees and industry experts discussed topics such as Sales 101, Sustainability, Installation Tips and Financial Planning. Introductory courses on Duro-Last’s new Corporate App and Digital Storefront were also available. Fun was had at the annual Awards Banquet and finale party, which had a superhero or “Duro-Con” theme.
Another fun event, the annual Dick Jozwiak Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted 104 players and 28 teams this year. Winners were Wendell Olson, Jeff Strain, Zach Cross and Rodney Castilleja.
“Every year we work hard to fill the Duro-Last Sales Seminar with as much relevant and helpful information as we can while also making it fun,” says Duro-Last Chairman of the Board Jack Burt. “We know it is something our contractors look forward to and we never let them down.”
Duro-Last Announces Contractor of the Year