SOPREMA Inc. has awarded seven scholarships to current and committed college students pursuing degrees in architecture, engineering, construction management or a similar field.
“We’re proud to be offering these scholarships through the first year of our scholarship program,” says Sara Jonas, marketing manager, SOPREMA. “By awarding scholarships to these deserving students, we’re investing in the next generation and pledging our commitment to the continued success and growth of the industry.”
This year’s scholarship winners come from all over the country and each is accomplished in their own right with many recent awards and honors.
- Julianna Kampe, of Frisco, Texas, will be a freshman at the University of Portland studying civil engineering in the coming school year. While at Independence High School, Kampe has been a member of the National Honor Society, National Society of High School Scholars, and a participant in the Architecture, Construction and Engineer (ACE) Mentor Program. Additionally, Kampe has played for the school’s varsity and club soccer teams and volunteers in her community.
- Matthew Hill, of Roswell, Ga., will be a freshman at the Colorado School of Mines studying engineering in the 2016-17 school year. In 2015, Hill received the National Merit Scholar Letter of Commendation and the AP Scholar with Distinction Award. In 2016, Hill received the John Dorman Duty to God Award.
- Chandler Householder, of McKinney, Texas, will be a freshman studying architecture at the University of Texas at Austin this fall. Recently, Householder has conducted research and worked with Stantec architects on a collaborative project through an independent studies and mentorship class. Additionally, Householder has started her own architectural photography series and volunteers her time with children’s programs at the Kimbell Art Museum.
- McHugh Carroll, of Chicago, Ill., will be a sophomore at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign studying architecture this fall. While at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Carroll volunteers at the campus bike co-op and attends architecture and physics lectures. He also enjoys spending his free time rock climbing.
- Katherine Young, of Clermont, Fla., will be a college freshman this fall studying architecture. While attending high school at Monteverde Academy, Young has been a member of the varsity cross country and track team, Key Club, National Honor Society, S.T.E.M. Club, Mu Alpha Theta, and was named an AP Scholar with Distinction.
- Heather Holm, of Clermont, Fla., will be a college freshman this fall studying engineering. While in high school at Monteverde Academy, Holm has been a member of Key Club, Yearbook Club and National Honor Society.
- Ryan Keenan, of Montebello, Calif., will be a senior at California State Polytechnic University: Pomona this fall, graduating with a degree in architecture. While in college, Keenan has served as president of Freedom by Design, the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) community service program. Additionally, Keenan was awarded both the Jean Roth Driskel Scholar Award from the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and the President’s Council Scholar Award from California State Polytechnic University: Pomona in 2015.
In its first year, the scholarship program supports SOPREMA’s commitment to educating and advancing the building envelope community through promoting continuing education and aiding the next generation in attending college.
The post SOPREMA Awards Seven Scholarships to Current and Future College Students appeared first on Roofing.
SOPREMA Awards Seven Scholarships to Current and Future College Students
#roof #roofing #repair_roofing #roofers #roofingcontractor #detroitroofing @repair_roofing